Monday, December 14, 2009

August Emotions

Part One: Morning Mist

With the salty sea air
on this clear August morning,
comes a cool, refreshing mist.

It sprays on my face
as I wander this pebbly
imperfect yet beautiful beach.

I wince, for a moment
(salt-water is harsh
on a person's
eyes),

but then
I
smile.

Such occurrences make me happy, though
they also can cause pain.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Part two: It is December, but...

It is December, but it feels like August.
The sleet is as light as a snowflake tear, yet the air
is smitten with frost.
Take me to
a tropical island,
where pomegranates
will bloom where we walk.

I'll tell you,
I'll tell you how I love you so,
and we'll drown in the mercury surf.

Tides
and currents are no such worries
in this dream of a place.
It is December, but it feels like August.
I wish I could tell you how I feel.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Part Three: Heartbeat-heartbeat-heart-beat

If this is lust,
then that's nothing new.

If this is love,
then I'm just plain screwed.

My summer will fade into winter; I

know you will never love me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment