Saturday, February 6, 2010

Ugly, Bastardized, Nightmarish Raving

I wanted you to stop me in the hallways
and ask me what was wrong.
This time, I wanted you
to actually
care,
unlike the previous ones.

---

I now sit on the opposite side of this wall,
miles and miles away from you.

Delusion and wishful thinking produced your figure,
standing seamlessly outside my door.

I can hear the ticking of the second hand.
I am wasting away my life.

I stare through computer screen
--though I make it do nothing--
I have no where to dwell,
even within its depths.

Hours tick by.
Click clack click click.

Days, months, and years go by.
Tick tack tick tick.


You were my one and only salvation.
Hic-- sniff-- sniff-- sniff--

I'll proabably never see you again.

And I can't live like this.

I want to cry.
I want to cry.
I want to bridge this million-mile gap;
I want to see you;
I want to hold you;
I want to cry
in your arms.

That will never happen,
but I want to cry...
I need this "closure"...

And I can't live like this.

Even my poetry has degenerated
into ugly, bastardized
nightmarish raving.

No comments:

Post a Comment