Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Minna-san, Minna-san

It means "Mr./Ms. Everyone, Mr./Ms. Everyone," in English. It's the name of this poem... for one of my best friends in the whole world. She makes me smile like no one else can, and bears the same name of someone who sent a similar laughter rippling through my body. Although I can't be with that one friend now... I have the lovely person I wrote this poem for. And I'm very, very grateful. XD

Minna-san, Minna-san,
Please halt your foolish bustling.
Let the clamor of life die away
And listen to my words.
Stop dead as you march through the snow
Blanketing the city streets;
"Blameless" elders and children alike,
Let the vapors of exhale be stilled.

Minna-san, Minna-san,
Please pry open your eyes,
For here standing next to me
Is a miracle amazing.
In your short, arduous lives
You have never come to grasp
Such divinity and such beauty
I shall teach you to notice.

Minna-san, Minna-san,
How pointless is a life!
Existence is but trying, misersable, hard
Without someone to guide you.
I am not a hapless fool for
I have a shimmering angel!
A friend to guide me
Through the shadows
Of evil and darkness outreaching.
She came to me
In the twilight,
Just as dark spirits began to arise;
She took my hand and gave me
What I thought I had cast away.

In a moment of foolishness, Minna-san,
All can instantly be lost.
But as you go about living,
You must open your hearts to the warmness.
Even though it gets tough sometimes
And uncertainty fails the dawn,
Breathe me and my savior in,
When you're in the darkness.

Breathe in the essence of joy, Minna-san,
And dull will give way to the brilliance.
Love ya, Lizzy,
+TenshiYoukai+

No comments:

Post a Comment